Pantographs are all-over designs that I sew by following a pattern with a laser light. There are a huge variety of designs out there – from basic meanders to flames to flowers to bugs. The cost varies by difficulty – some pantographs are very easy to follow, and some are much more time consuming and/or labor intensive.
- Basic pantographs: $0.018/square inch
- Medium pantographs: $0.021/square inch
- Dense pantographs: $0.024/square inch
- Minimum charge of $45
- Basic meanders start at $0.03/square inch
- Ditch work starts at $0.05/square inch
- Ruler work starts at $0.06/square inch
- Micro quilting starts at $0.08/square inch
- Minimum charge of $55
For example, here is a 60 inch x 45 inch quilt with a basic pantograph:
60″ x 45″ = 2700″ x $0.018 = $48.60
- Warm and White Batting: $11/yard or $0.0034 per square inch
- Hobbs 80/20 Blend (off-white): $10/yard or $0.0032 per square inch.
- Half binds (machine sewn): $0.12/square inch.
- Full binds (machine sewn on front, hand sewn on back): $0.30/square inch
60″ (length) + 40″ (width) = 100 x 2 = 200 x 0.12 = $24 for a half bind